Winter seems to be the best time for locals to explore what the Winelands has to offer,in what is known in the hospitality industry as “Out of Season or Low Peak Season”, has grown into a very busy season for those establishments which has managed to tap into this season meant for hibernating.
Laborie Wine Farm has certainly tapped into this and what is supposed to be Low Peak is now a very busy time for this working farm. Hopefully you were lucky enough to experience the current Winter Warmer Package they have been running,if not sign up to their Newsletter and Facebook page it certainly is one not to be missed.
From 1 June 2015 to end Aug 2015, their 2 night winter package which costs only R1990 for 2 guests includes:
- 2 x nights accommodation for the price of 1 – Stay in luxury in a room furnished in Cape French style with décor inspired by the characteristics of Laborie’s award winning wines
- Breakfast in the historic Manor House, a national monument built in 1750
- 2 x beer tastings at the farm’s new Bar di Bar Volkswagen retro themed bar which offers a quirky 1970’s feel and the best craft beers in town
- 2 x choc and wine pairings at the farm’s new Taste tapas deck, 3 x tapas each for 2 guests including a bottle of Laborie wine at Taste (lunch or dinner)
- 2 course special menu for lunch or dinner (excluding wine/beverages) at the award winning Harvest restaurant which still delivers the best in French heritage tradition, using the best of local produce under the culinary leadership of internationally acclaimed chef, Matthew Gordon.
If you looking for history,elegance,good food and friendly faces this place ticks all the boxes. The have 3 very different venues for what ever your mood should require.
And they have a well stocked library should you just want to curl up with a good book on a cold Winter’s Night.
For a more formal experience you can visit Harvest at Laborie, it is the canvas upon which internationally acclaimed chef Matthew Gordon renders his culinary art. The menu is made up of all locally sourced protein while herbs and vegetables are harvested from the restaurant’s own garden.
For a more relaxed laid back,meal you must try Taste at Laborie,they offer a selection of tapas made for sharing and having an awesome time and its also very kid friendly.
And if that not enough they have many wine pairings on offer and even a Juice Pairing the kids will love,be sure to check out their website for more information.
And for those who enjoy an ice cold beer they have that covered as well with the Bar Di Bar-as per the guys at Bar Di Bar, “They say in wine you find truth and in beer your find happiness. At Bar Di Bar these two worlds combine in perfect harmony, offering a selection of South Africa’s best craft beer to be enjoyed with laid back and tasty fare. This quirky setup takes one back to the 1970’s, complete with working jukebox with Saturday Night Fever spinning on the decks – an experience not to be missed!”
So if you weren’t able to get the Winter Warmer Experience,please don’t wait contact the folks at Laborie,we promise your visit will be well worth it 🙂
We cant wait to be back..
For more pics of our experience please visit of JAR PHOTOGRAPHY FACEBOOK PAGE.