Having visited Spier at least twice a year for the last few years, joining in this year’s Heritage Day celebrations, we knew that we would again be treated to something special.
We have been blessed to join in on few of their events,so be sure to click the links below to see the amazing job #TeamSpier have done in the past.
CLICK HERE – Festival of White Lights
Get the festive season off to a radiant start at Spier’s annual Festival of White Lights. Gather your family around the Werf, Spier’s restored historic farmyard on Spier on Friday 4 December. There’ll be sculptures and light installations illuminating a diverse collection of artistic performances choreographed by Jay Pather.
CLICK HERE – New Year’s Eve
With live entertainment, a DJ and dance floor, to a chef interaction station, a dedicated kids area and supervision and family style long tables, Spier is the perfect place to usher in the New Year.
The cost includes a welcome glass of Spier MCC, Spier Signature wines, soft drinks and water as well as a gift to take home
CLICK HERE – Easter Spier style
Explore the beautiful lawns, boulders and buildings or visit the chocolate bar , buy and decorate your own chocolate egg.
If you have not attended an event at Spier, you really have no idea what you are missing. There is so much to do at Spier, they cater for everyone’s needs; couples, young and old as well as families with children of any age.
- Spier Tasting (R35 pp): Choose three wines from Signature range and one from each of the two premium wine ranges, 21 Gables and Creative Block.
- Chocolate and wine tasting (R65 pp): Inspired by Spier Signature Méthode Cap Classique and Spier Creative Block blends, the chocolatiers has carefully crafted chocolates that compliment and unlock nuanced flavours in each of their liquid treasures.
- Frans K Smit Tasting (R90 pp): The two premium wine ranges plus Spier’s flagship wine, Frans K Smit.
- Children’s Grape Juice Tasting (R35 pp): This tasting is the ideal way to keep the youngsters busy with a tasting of three different grape juices and an educational activity sheet highlighting the role insects play in our vineyards, all whilst being fun.
Open daily for tastings from 10:00 to 16:30. Open for sales daily from 09:00 to 17:00.
The produce used at Eight is either grown on the farm or sourced from nearby farmers. Natural and organic ingredients are preferred, creatively combined to create nourishing, healthy, and delicious food.
Opening times: From Tuesday – Sunday, Eight is open daily for brunch from 10:00 – 12:00, lunch from 12:00 – 15:00, and tea from 15:00 – 16:30. From Thursday – Saturday, the restaurant serves dinner from 18:30 – 21:30. The restaurant is also available for private functions.
- EIGHT TO GO DELI – offers ready-to-eat choices made from local, natural and organic produce wherever possible. Food grown on the Spier farm is preferred.
Create your own picnic from a selection of cold cuts, cheeses, salads, breads, patés and dips, to be enjoyed on our lawns with a bottle of wine.
Or you pre-book one instead…
Book your picnic here and collect upon arrival any time 12:00 to 16:30 each day of the week. Kosher and Halaal picnic options can be arranged for your pleasure on request.
- HOTEL RESTAURANT – Enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail with bar snacks on the terrace of the Spier Hotel Wine Bar, or order a light meal.
Open daily. Serving breakfast from 06:30 to 10:30 on weekdays, and from 06:30 to 11:00 on weekends and public holidays. Lunch and light meals are served from 11:00 to 18:00 in the Wine Bar, and dinner in the Restaurant from 18:00 to 22:00.
- SPIER FARMERS MARKET – OPENING SOON
- THE WERF – Spier’s historic farmyard,has been restored and vistor’s can wander through the vegetable garden or simply relax on the lawns.
- THE HOGHOUSE BAKERY & CAFÉ – OPENING SOON
- ART – The Spier Collections is displayed throughout the property and well worth a look.
- SEGWAY TOURS – This must be the coolest two-wheeled way to see the Spier farm.
±1 hour, Spier Segway Tour R275pp
± 2 hours, Spier Wine Farm & Vineyard Glide R450pp
±2 hours, Spier Sunset Tour R 600pp
Heritage Walk – Free circular walk, 1.5 hours (or hop on/off at any point)
Protea Walk – Free walk, 30 minutes
- EAGLE ENCOUNTERS – receives and rehabilitate’s birds of prey that have been injured, poisoned, abused or hand-reared. When they are fit, healthy and able to hunt and breed again they are released into the wild. Only hand-reared birds are kept for education purposes.
Entrance fee: Adults R70, Children R60, Students (with proof) and Pensioners R65.
Opening hours: Daily from 10:00 to 17:00 (excluding Christmas Day).
- CRAFT MARKET – The craft market at Spier is situated under the trees, along the banks of the dam, right next to our wine tasting room. At the market you will find a showcase of some of the best craftwork produced in the greater Cape Town area, at eight custom-designed units – each manned by a ‘cluster’ of artists.
Opening hours: from 10:00 – 17:30 during the summer months (October to the first week of May).
- SPA – Take time off and relax at the Spa,set inside the Spier Hotel.
- SPIER HOTEL– Village-style buildings, lush lawns and spacious rooms situated next to the calming Eerste River are the defining characteristics of the 4-star Spier Hotel.
Like I said, something for everyone. From the moment you contact their reservation office, you are made to feel welcome. Chantelle and the rest of the team go well above what is expected, all to ensure that once you arrive at Spier, you will have a stress free stay.For more information on any of the above,please contact #TeamSpier on :
Tel : 021 809 1100 they are eagerly awaiting your call.