Having driven up and down the R310 en route to somewhere or indeed on our way home from our various foodie escapades, we always pass the Stellenbosch Vineyards sign and say, we must make a plan.
Well finally we had the time and boy were we in for a surprise. What a stunning venue and the pristine grounds. There are so much on offer. I cannot believe we have missed this placed for so long.
Our wine ambassador Earl-Rae Wine ambassador is definitely one of the best, he spoke our language, never made us feel ill-informed.
They currently offer 3 different tastings:
Standard Tasting – R30.00
Premium Tasting – R60.00
Wine Pairing – R125
We did the Winter Wine Pairing, I am sure there is a Summer or Spring available now but feel free to enquire.
Winter Wine Pairing
- Infiniti Method Cap Classique Brut paired with a savoury parmesan finger with salt flakes.
- Stellenbosch Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc paired with Lemongrass Passion Fruit Macaroon
- Stellenbosch Vineyards Bushvine Pinotage paired with salt dried Black Olive crackling encased in Almond Nougat
- Stellenbosch Vineyards Shiraz paired with salty pretzel dipped in black dark chocolate
- Stellenbosch Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon paired with a cassis & cracked black pepper dark chocolate
- Stellenbosch Vineyards Infiniti Noble Late Harvest paired with chocolate pralines
Not wanting to give too much away here are my findings.
- Green better with macros not chocolate
- Love this
- Not my fav
We enjoyed our time so much we ended up ordering a platter and proceeded to taste some more wines. We arrived at 11:30 left at 15:00,tummies filled, boxes of wine and many empty glasses 🙂 An excellent time indeed.
Simply love when we get feedback from our subscribers makes what we do so worthwhile.
The Burger’s recently went to Stellenbosch Vineyards on our recommendation and experience their Winter Wine Tasting, herewith is their feedback.
“Good morning JAR .
Thank you for recommending that we visit Stellenbosch Vineyards for the wine tasting and pairing.
They accommodated us on short notice and everything was set up before we arrived with our very informative wine steward Marlin we set off on our Winter Wine Pairing journey.
Both their bubbly and sauvignon blanc was palatable and refreshing and very versatile. What followed was their reds. I loved their Fusion Range it’s so fruity and light with variety of 4 anyone would be sure to find a favourite.
Marlin was so hospitable he even brought at least two wines which are not on their winter wine tasting menu for us to experience. He really went out of his way for two coupon holders😀it was really a pleasant relaxing afternoon.
Thank you once again from “The Burger’s “.”
Wine tasting and sales:
Monday-Friday 09:00 – 18:00
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays 10:00 – 17:00
Closed on Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
For the full album click HERE
Baden Powell Drive
Tel: +27 (0) 21 881 3870
Written for JAR PHOTOGRAPHY by Rene Mesias-Petersen