Ginja has always been one of our favourite places to visit, not only are the views spectacular, but the food and staff are amazing.
They created a menu specifically for Restaurant Week and we loved how they changed it up from the usual starters, mains and dessert format.
Now let me warn you, come hungry and don’t enjoy the bread, rice and carrots so much, you forget what you have ordered. I made the mistake of enjoying the onion, basmati rice and secret spice, so much I couldn’t finish any of my dishes…
Ginja’s tasting experience!
Choose any three, of the tasting dishes below, for a Rustic Ginja food sensation.
- Ricotta, baked mushrooms, cinnamon & thyme, sweet potato bread
- Soft yolk ravioli, chard, truffle and black olive pangritata
- Deep fried coconut milk, plum sauce, spring onion
- Soba noodles, sage butter, parmesan, pine nuts
- Quail, chargrilled red onion, chickpea & thyme
- Chicken B’stilla
- Lamb cutlet, charred cauliflower, dill, capers & baby spinach
- Slow roasted goat, rocket, puy lentils raisin puree & goats’ cheese
- Smoked Warthog rib, black beans, chargrilled marrows
- Vine snails, garlic & anchovy, sourdough
- Lamb rump, madras sauce, onion bhaji, saag aloo Ribeye, greens, new potatoes & jus
- Prawn, mango, coconut & cashew nut, chia Panacotta
- 8-hour octopus, kachumbari, chilli & lime
- Crispy whole white bait, fennel bulb, orange, capers, sultanas and pine nuts
- Seabass fillet, cauliflower, black olive pangritata, seagrass
- Mangrove dressed crab niçoise salad, tomatoes, olive, potato crisps, aioli & fennel
- Lemon pots, berries, shortbread
- Grilled stone fruit crumble, oats and cinnamon, cream cheese ice cream
- Valrhona chocolate and toffee pots, cookies
- Honeycomb, brown bread ice cream, pollen, honey & yoghurt crème caramel
From Patch, we choose, the mushroom dish, the Ricotta added just the correct amount of salt needed and the cinnamon and thyme simply elevated the dish to another level.
Barn we chose, Quail, Lamb cutlet and the Vine snails, all 3 were cooked to perfection and the way the Snails were presented inside the sourdough was a nice change from the normal nail dish…
Now Pond, where the rest of my family feasts, we had, the Chia Panacotta, 8-hour Octopus and Seabass fillet. They loved every dish and the Prawn and Mango was a firm favourite.
Desserts or rather Beehive as they call it at Ginja, we ordered the Lemon pots and Grilled stone fruit crumble, one word for both, YUMMY.
And then just when you think they can’t do any better, complimentary Gin Cocktails for the table.
I really don’t know why we wait for so long before we go back, we won’t make that mistake again, well done Ginja, definitely one of the best for Restaurant week.
For full album click here
Name: Ginja Restaurant
Address: On the Waterfront Pierhead, Noble Square, V&A Waterfront
Telephone Number: +27 21 419 66 77
Email Address: email@example.com
Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday 06:30am – 11:00pm